BITSAT is a university stage examination that is conducted by Birla Institute of Science and Technology every year. Candidates from different walks of life who wish to get themselves enrolled in various graduate and undergraduate courses, take the examination. It’s mostly a computer based test that candidates need to go through in order to get their place in the prestigious institutions linked alongside. These include BITS Pilani Campus, K. K. Birla Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus. These are some of the most sought after campuses for enrollment in graduate and under graduate programs all over the country and even abroad.
Furthermore in order to enroll for the examination you need to know all the nuances of the same. Here we have compiled all the necessary details for you to have an eye upon. Just checkout these details and apply accordingly.
Key Dates to Remember
Here have a look at all the important dates you need to remember so that you don’t miss out the chance.
|Start of online application||Second week of January, 2017|
|Last date to submit the online application||First week of March, 2017|
|Edits or corrections in online application||Second week of March, 2017|
|Allocation of test centres||Second week of March, 2017|
|Booking of examination slot||Third week of March to Second week of April, 2017|
|Download of admit card||Third week of April to Last week of April, 2017|
|Exam Schedule (CBT)||Third week of May to Last week of May, 2017|
|Application for admission||Second week of May to Last week of June, 2017|
|Announcement for waiting list||First week of July, 2017|
So these are the dates that you can pen down for getting BITSAT examination right on time.
To apply for BITSAT 2017 candidates are advised to go through the below mentioned eligibility conditions. You can cross check with official notification also :
- It’s mandatory that candidate must have scored at least 75% marks from a well recognized board.
- The intermediate examination must have been passed with three main subjects including, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (or Biology in case of Medical stream).
- Besides this if you are enrolling for B.Tech then you must be a 12th pass out with Mathematics and in case of B.Pharm , you must be a 12th pass pout with Biology and proficient in English.
- In case a candidate has passed his/her 12th in or before the year 2014, he/she is not eligible to apply for BITSAT 2017.
- Moreover the students of Birla Institute of Technology and Science are also not eligible to apply for BITSAT 2017.
- In case a candidate have cleared the intermediate examination in second chance, then that will only be considered as last performance of qualifying examination.
- Besides, candidates who are appearing in qualifying or improvement examination presently can also apply for BITSAT 2017.
Candidates need to pay a certain amount of fee for BITSAT 2017. Below find your take and submit accordingly :
- Female candidates are required to pay INR 1700 till prescribed time frame.
- Male Candidates are required to pay INR 2200 till the desired time given.
- In case the candidate has chosen the test center as Dubai, then the fee is US $50. This means INR 3100 for both male and female candidates.
- Payment can be done through online mode by using Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking. Apart from this candidate can also use the E – Challan from any ICICI bank within India. Only ICICI bank is authorized to consider payments from candidates applying for BITSAT examination 2017.
Here are below some of the vital test details that the candidate needs to understand in order to prepare and finally take the test :
- The syllabus for the test will be based primarily on 11th and 12th class NCERT books. Besides the questions will be asked from different topics from subjects including Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics and Biology.
- The BITSAT test will be conducted in online mode i.e. the computer test mode.
- There will be four sections comprised in the sections that will include Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency/Logical Reasoning and lastly Mathematics/Biology.
- The time allotted to candidates for completion of the exam will be a total of three hours or 180 minutes.
- Though there will not be individual time given for each section. Candidates can according to themselves, do the section they prefer first and last.
- In total there will be 150 questions asked in BITSAT 2017 examination.
- The questions asked will either be objective type or multiple choice questions.
- Candidates are not allowed to mark more than one option in test.
- There will be four options provided, of which one correct option has to be selected by the candidate and marked.
- For each correct response that the candidate will mark, three marks will be awarded.
- But for each wrong answer that the candidate will mark, one mark will be deducted.
- Negative marking will not be there for no response given to any particular question in the examination.
- Candidates are advised not to take breaks in between the examination as it will not be entertained by the examinee.
- The BITSAT 2017 examination will be framed in English language only.
These are some of the insights of test that candidate must know before appearing for BITSAT 2017.
Below is a tabular view of subject wise pattern for BITSAT 2017. It shows clear demarcation of marks for each section and the number of questions to be asked under each section.
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions|
|III (a)||English Proficiency||15|
|III (b)||Logical Reasoning||10|
|IV||Mathematics / Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
Therefore these are some of the pivotal details starting from online application to the conduct of examination. Go through each detail and then apply for BITSAT 2017, all the best!.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.