Engineering is one such field that every other college student wishes to take on after college completion. For the same there are various engineering entrance examinations held across the country every year. One such is SRMJEE 2017 by SRM University. Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University (SRM) is one of the pioneer universities in the country to offer some of the best engineering courses. SRMJEE 2017 is basically a joint entrance examination conducted by the university every year.
There are lakhs of students across the country who apply for the same every time. There are nearly 7000 seats across all the campuses under SRM University for which the candidates compete each year. Similarly this year also it is expected that same or more or number of students will apply for the SRMJEE 2017. Further after the result there will a merit list according to which the ranks will be seen and further the candidates will be offered deats in various courses according to the category they have applied for.
Candidates go for this examination to take admission in B.Tech and Healthcare programs offered by SRM University. The admissions is given in three campuses of the university that include Haryana, Ramapuram Chennai and Kattankulathur . Furthermore candidates are selected on the basis of rank obtained in the joint entrance examination. So the candidates can apply for SRMJEE 2017 either via online or offline mode. The examination will take place in the month of April this year 2017. Following are some more details about SRMJEE 2017.
These are some of the important dates you need to remember to apply for the examination.
|Application Form and Prospectus Availability Date||Now Available here|
|Last date for receipt of application form||Third week of March, 2017|
|Slot Booking Starts from||Last week of March, 2017|
|Downloading of Hall Ticket||Last week of March, 2017|
|SRMJEEE online test (CBT) date||Third week of April, 2017|
|Publication of rank list||First week of May, 2017|
Candidates are required to download their admit card on immediate basis after the slot booking.
[button link=”http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/admission-india/” type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] Click here to Apply for SRMJEE 2017[/button]
Candidates need to go through the below mentioned eligibility conditions in order to apply for SRMJEE 2017.
- Candidate must be an Indian national or Indian citizen. Also he/she must have passed 11th or 12th examination from any education board in India.
- Candidates must have passed the intermediate examination with compulsory subjects including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- To get admission in Kattankulathur campus under SRM University, candidates must have secured minimum 65% marks in intermediate examination.
- To get admission in all other campuses of SRM University candidates must have secured minimum 60% marks in intermediate examination.
- Candidates who have applied for SRMJEE under the PCME group stand eligible to get enrolled in all the B.Tech programs.
- Candidates who have applied for SRMJEE under PCBE group stand eligible to get enrolled in B.Tech in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bio-informatics and Genetic engineering programs and also for various programs in Health Sciences.
Here are the details about application fee that candidates need to pay to complete the application process for SRMJEE 2017. The cost for application form is INR 1000 that can be paid in one of three ways as stated below.
- Candidates can apply online and submit the amount of fee through demand draft. It should be in the favour of SRMIST University payable at Chennai.
- Offline application form can be taken from the University and fee can be submitted in the college campus.
- Candidate can apply online and submit the fee through unique voucher code or e-payment option. Under e-payment option candidates are eligible to pay through like Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
In order to take SRMEE 2017 successfully, the candidates need to take account of below mentioned pointers.
- SRMJEE 2017 will be a computer based test.
- The test will continue for two hours and thirty minutes.
- The test format will comprise of objective type questions.
- Each question will have four alternative options out of which one has to be selected as the appropriate one by the candidate.
- There will be a total of 105 questions overall in the test paper.
- There will be four parts in the test namely Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of the test paper will contain 35 questions each.
- The Biology section will comprise of a total of 50 questions.
- For each correct answer 3 marks will be awarded.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
- For Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section, there will be 1 mark deducted for each wrong answer.
- For Biology section, there will be a deduction of 0.7 marks for each wrong answer.
- On an overall basis, the total marks for the test paper will be 315.
- Candidates need to go through all the syllabus of intermediate examination and necessary details under each section to crack the exam well.
- The test paper will be asked in English language over all the centres.
- The test will be conducted across 250 centres all over the country. The choice for this can be made through the candidate while filling up the application form.
Here is given the pattern specifying number of questions and marks for each section. The same pattern is followed every year for SRMEE 2017.
|S.No.||Subjects||Total number of questions||Weightage|
|1||Part 1: Physics||35 questions||105 marks|
|2||Part 2: Chemistry||35 questions||105 marks|
|3||Part 3: Mathematics||35 questions||105 marks|
|4||Part 4: Biology||50 questions||105 marks|
|Total weightage 315 marks|
Candidates are advised to go through each and every detail before filling up the application form. Afterwards go through the test details and pattern to crack SRMJEE 2017 and get admission in the course of your choice in any of the particular campuses under SRM University.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.