Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow will conduct UPSEE 2018 in the 3rd week of April, 2018. Moreover to control and execute the examination in its true sense the Government of Uttar Pradesh and Technical Education Department has undertaken official consent for the constitution of Central Admission Board (CAB) under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor, Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) Lucknow .
Moreover it is the Central Admission Board (CAB) only that possesses all the rights for the conduct of UPSEE 2018 and thereby allotting the seats to deserving candidates. Further the authority of CAB is given to all the institutions associated with Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) . The candidates who wish to seek admission in various undergraduate courses under AKTU appear for the UPSEE examination every year. This year also it is expected that there will be numerous candidates enrolling for the same. More details about the exam are mentioned herein.
Date of issue of online application form of UPSEE
Third week of January 2018 (11:00 a.m)
Last date for filling the UPSEE online application form
Third week of March, 2018 (5:00 p.m)
Last date for the payment of the application fee
Third week of March 2018
Changes in the online application form
Last week of March 2018
Date of release of Admit Card
Second week of April, 2018
Date of UPSEE exam
Third week of April, 2018 (From 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
Availability of UPSEE Answer Key
Third week of April, 2018
Announcement of UPSEE result
Last week of May, 2018
First Round Counselling & allotment
Third week to fourth week of June 2018
Second Round Counselling & allotment
Third Round- Counselling & allotment
Second week – Third week of July 2018
Fourth Round Counselling & allotment
Third week to Fourth week of July 2018
Fifth Round- Counselling & allotment
Last week of July 2018
Spot counselling – only for government colleges
First week to second week of August 2018
UPSEE Application Form 2018
The application form of UPSEE 2018 is likely to be available from the third week of January. The UPSEE application can be filled online. To fill UPSEE application form 2018, candidates have to follow the below mentioned steps in order:
- Filling up of UPSEE 2018 application form: Enter personal details, educational details, course applied for, communication details, exam city options, community reservation details
- Uploading of images: Scanned photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression
- Application fees payment: The examination fee can be paid online through net banking, debit or credit card.
- Printing of application form: Download the confirmation page. The candidates need not send the confirmation page to the University. However, the registration number mentioned on it must be secured properly.
Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria of UPSEE 2018 laid down by the AKTU University to appear for the exam. The UPSEE eligibility criteria is given below for candidates
- Candidates must have studied intermediate of UP board or 10+2 or equivalent with Maths & Physics as compulsory subjects and any one of the optional of the subjects – Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject. Candidates opting for B.Tech Biotechnology should have studied either Maths or Biology and Physics as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must have secured at least 45% in their qualifying exam. SC/ST candidates must have secured a minimum of 40% in same.
- They should have the exam without any grace marks in each of the compulsory subjects and one optional subject
- There is no age limit for UPSEE 2018.
UPSEE Reservation of Seats 2018
Vertical UPSEE Reservation of Seats 2018
Candidates can check the category wise reservation of seats of UPSEE 2018 for eligible candidates belonging to UP in the table given below:
|1.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|2.||Scheduled Caste (SC)||21%|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||2%|
Horizontal UPSEE Reservation of Seats 2018
|1.||Dependents of Freedom Fighters from UP||UPFF||2%|
|2.||Disabled candidates belonging to UP||UPHC||3%|
|3.||Ward of Defence Personnel from UP||UPAF||5%|
|4.||Female candidates from UP||UPGL||20%|
To complete the application process, candidates will have to pay a non-refundable application fee. Category wise application fee for 2018 are provided in the table below.
|1.||Male/Transgender candidates of General/ OBC Category||Rs.1200|
|2.||SC/ST category and female candidates of all categories||Rs. 600|
As per UPSEE exam pattern 2018, the exam is likely to be held in the pen-paper mode. There are 150 questions in the exam and the duration of UPSEE 2018 is 3 hours. The table below provides details of UPSEE 2018 exam pattern.
|1.||Mode of examination||Offline|
|2.||Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|3.||Total number of questions||150 questions|
|4.||Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Maths/ Biology|
|5.||Paper code||Paper I – Physics, Chemistry and MathematicsPaper II – Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|6.||Duration of exam||3 hours|
- TEST DETAILS
- There will be a total of 44 undergraduate engineering courses offered to candidates under this examination.
- The test paper will be available both in English and Hindi languages.
- The entrance examination will be organized for a total of 12 papers
- Papers coming under Pen Paper Test i.e. paper 1, paper 2, paper 3 and paper 4 will be OMR based only.
- Papers coming under computer based test i.e. paper 5, paper6, paper7, paper8, paper9, paper10, paper11 and paper12 will be online.
Below is a tabular view of the examination pattern for UPSEE 2018. This will include the papers, number of questions and marks with time allocated for each section and paper under various courses that candidates are applying to through UPSEE 2018.
|Paper||Subjects||Types of Questions||Total Number of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||50 MCQs each||150||600||3 Hours|
|2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||50 MCQs each||150||600||3 Hours|
|3||AG-I, AG-II and AG-III||50 MCQs each||150||600||3 Hours|
|4||Aptitude Test for Architecture Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity Part–B: Drawing Aptitude||50 MCQs each of Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity and 2 drawing questions||52||500||2 Hours|
|5||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA)||75 MCQs||75||300||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|6||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 MCQs||75||300||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||75 MCQs||75||300||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|8||Aptitude Test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 MCQs||75||300||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|9||Aptitude Test for MBA||100 MCQs||100||400||2 Hours|
|10||Aptitude Test for MCA 100||100 MCQs||100||400||2 Hours|
|11||Aptitude Test for MAM||100 MCQs||100||400||2 Hours|
|12||Aptitude Test for 2ndYear MCA (Lateral Entry)||100 MCQs||100||400||2 Hours|
Candidates check out all the necessary details about UPSEE 2018 and prepare well for the examination. All the best!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.