Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow will conduct UPSEE 2017 in the 3rd week of April, 2017. The governing or conducting body for the exam is the Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). Moreover to control and execute the examination in its true sense the Government of Uttar Pradesh and Technical Education Department has undertaken official consent for the constitution of Central Admission Board (CAB) under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow .
Moreover it is the Central Admission Board (CAB) only that possesses all the rights for the conduct of UPSEE 2017 and thereby allotting the seats to deserving candidates. Further the authority of CAB is given to all the institutions associated with Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). The candidates who wish to seek admission in various undergraduate courses under UPTU appear for the UPSEE examination every year. This year also it is expected that there will be numerous candidates enrolling for the same. The exam is scheduled to be held in 3rd week of April 2017 this year. More details about the exam are mentioned herein.
Here are some of the main dates that candidates need to take into account to appear for UPSEE 2017.
|1||Availability of online application form||Last week of February, 2017|
|2||Last date for filling and submission of online application||Last week of March, 2017|
|3||Online partial correction of filled and submitted online application form||Last week of March, 2017|
|4||Downloading of admit card||2nd week of April, 2017|
|5||UPSEE 2017 exam date||3rd week of April, 2017|
|6||Declaration of Result||Last week of May, 2017|
|7||Counselling of UPSEE 2017||Last week of June, 2017|
To apply for the UPSEE 2017 candidates need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria :
- The candidates who are applying under the B.Tech program must have cleared their +2 examination with subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Besides this either Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or Technical Vocational subject must have been taken as the other compulsory subject. For B.Tech (Biotechnology), the rules remain same, except that the compulsory subjects can be Physics and Mathematics or Biology.
- Apart from this for the admission to first year in B.Tech , the candidate must be a pass out of intermediate examination of UP Board. Or the candidate must have passed 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board. Further 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board.
- All the candidates who stand eligible for admission in B.Tech also will be eligible for B.Tech.Agriculture Engineering.
- There are no age limit restrictions to apply for the examination.
There are two categories under which the fee structure is divided :
|For Male/ transgender Candidates of General/ OBC Category||Rs. 1000|
|For SC/ ST Category and Female Candidates/ Physically handicapped Candidates of all the category||Rs. 500|
Candidates need to pay the application fee through online mode only. It can be paid through credit card/debit card/net banking.
Here below are mentioned some of the other details that the candidate needs to know in order to appear for UPSEE 2017 :
- There will be a total of 44 undergraduate engineering courses offered to candidates under this examination.
- The test paper will be available both in English and Hindi languages.
- The entrance examination will be organized for a total of 12 papers.
- The exam will comprise of multiple choice questions with four alternative options to choose from.
- For each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded to the candidate.
- There is no negative marking in the paper.
- This is both a computer based test and pen paper test.
- Papers coming under Pen Paper Test i.e. paper 1, paper 2, paper 3 and paper 4 will be OMR based only.
- Papers coming under computer based test i.e. paper 5, paper6, paper7, paper8, paper9, paper10, paper11 and paper12 will be online.
- There will be a total of 150 questions asked in the entrance examination.
- The overall test paper will carry a weight age of 600 marks.
- Candidates can choose the examination centre of their choice while applying through the application form itself.
- The duration for the UPSEE 2017 exam will be a total of 3 hours or 180 minutes. No extra time will be given to any candidate in any of the situation.
Below is a tabular view of the examination pattern for UPSEE 2017. This will include the papers, number of questions and marks with time allocated for each section and paper under various courses that candidates are applying to through UPSEE 2017.
|Paper||Subjects||Types of Questions||Total Number of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||50 MCQs each||150||600||3 Hours|
|2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||50 MCQs each||150||600||3 Hours|
|3||AG-I, AG-II and AG-III||50 MCQs each||150||600||3 Hours|
|4||Aptitude Test for Architecture Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity Part–B: Drawing Aptitude||50 MCQs each of Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity and 2 drawing questions||52||500||2 Hours|
|5||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA)||75 MCQs||75||300||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|6||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 MCQs||75||300||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||75 MCQs||75||300||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|8||Aptitude Test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 MCQs||75||300||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|9||Aptitude Test for MBA||100 MCQs||100||400||2 Hours|
|10||Aptitude Test for MCA 100||100 MCQs||100||400||2 Hours|
|11||Aptitude Test for MAM||100 MCQs||100||400||2 Hours|
|12||Aptitude Test for 2ndYear MCA (Lateral Entry)||100 MCQs||100||400||2 Hours|
Candidates check out all the necessary details about UPSEE 2017 and prepare well for the examination. All the best!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.