Every year there are thousands of people who go for the engineering examination all over the country. One such is Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination ( VITEE) organized by the VIT University. Candidates apply for VITEE to get admission in various under graduate, post graduate, doctorate and diploma courses under engineering. Thereby the successful candidates get to do their selected course in one of the two campuses under VIT University that include, Chennai and Vellore campus.
This year the exam is scheduled to take place from 5th April to 16th April 2017. Moreover there are nearly five thousand B.Tech seats for which nearly two lakh candidates register and apply almost every year. The candidates selected are placed under the two campuses of Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering only. Similarly this year also it is expected that students from all across the country will apply to be the part of this prestigious institution to pursue their engineering dreams. Below is an insight over the details for VITEE 2017 examination.
Here is a tabular view of main dates to be remembered for the exam.
|Issue of application form||Available Now click here|
|Deadline for accepting application form||February 2017|
|Last date to make editions in application form||February 2017|
|Booking of slot||Third week of March 2017|
|Downloading the admit card||March 2017|
|Exam date||5th April to 16th April 2017|
|Publication of result||On or before 24 April 2017|
|Counselling Process||Second and Third week of May 2017|
[button link=”http://www.vit.ac.in/btechadmissions/viteee2017" type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] Click here to apply now for VITEE 2017[/[/button]h2>
Candidates need to fulfil certain eligibility criteria in order to apply for VITEE 2017. Failing to which, the applications may be rejected by concerned authorities. See the below mentioned eligibility conditions that need to be fulfilled.
- Candidates need to be a resident or non resident of India only.
- Only those candidates who are born on or after 1 July 1995 are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidate applying for the exam must have obtained 60% marks in total in class 12th with the mandatory subjects including Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics.
- Candidates who hail from SC/ST category or Northern State must have obtained 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Only those candidates who have done full time and regular education are eligible to apply.
- NIOS candidates can also apply.
- PIO, OCI holder and NRI’s are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates who are applying in PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) stand eligible for all the eighteen B.Tech engineering courses at VIT University.
- The candidates who are applying under PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) will be able to take admission in three B.Tech Bio-Stream engineering courses.
Here are the application fee details.
- Candidates need to pay INR 990 for OMR application form.
- Candidates need to pay INR 970 for online application form.
- NRI candidates need to pay USD 50. Though it is advisable that foreign students must apply under foreign category only.
Besides this the candidates can make payment both through demand draft (in favour of VIT University) or via credit card/debit card/net banking. But the candidates choosing to pay through demand draft are required to send the hard copy of application form to the university.
Below are some of the details candidates need to know in order to appear for VITEE 2017.
- The format for VITEE 2017 will comprise of multiple choice questions.
- The duration of the exam will be two and a half hours.
- The VITEEE 2017 examination will be asked in English language only.
- There will be a total of 125 questions that will be asked in the paper.
- Questions will be asked from three sections including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.
- Each of the three sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will comprise of forty questions. Whereas the fourth section i.e. English will comprise of a total of five questions.
- There will be objective type format for the question paper. Each question will comprise of four alternative questions.
- It will be a computer based test.
- Test will be conducted under three sessions as stated here:
- First Session: 9:00am to 11:30am
- Second Session: 12:30pm to 3:00pm
- Third Session: 4:00pm to 6:30pm
- Each question will be of 1 mark.
- No mark will be deducted for any wrong answer as there will be no negative marking.
- Most of the questions in the examination will be asked from State Board of Higher Education and CBSE syllabus.
- This pattern will be same for both candidates appearing under PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) as well as PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English).
- Exams will be conducted in 118 cities across India. The choice for the examination centre can be filled inside the application form only.
The subject wise pattern comprising for questions in each section is depicted below.
- For PCME students who are looking to enrol themselves in one of the eighteen B.Tech programs offered by VIT University at their two campuses i.e. Vellore and Chennai.
|Name of the subject||Number of questions|
Each section comprising Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English will have questions of 1 mark each. Thereby a total of 40 marks for first three sections and 5 marks for English.
- For PCBE students who are looking to enrol themselves in any of the three B.Tech Bio Stream Engineering programs offered by VIT University at their two campuses i.e. Vellore and Chennai.
|Name of the subject||Number of questions|
Each section comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English will have questions of 1 mark each. Thereby a total of 40 marks for first three sections and 5 marks for English.
Candidates are advised to thoroughly study each and every detail given above for submitting application for VITEEE 2017.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.